Fire Station 5
Originally uploaded by LouAngeli2008
Wilmington (DE) Fire Department's Engine Company-5 serves the northwestern portions of the city from this landmark firehouse. The station was originally built for the Water Witch Volunteer Fire Co. #1 in 1893, and the department has been using it ever since. Station 5 will soon be relocating its engine and staff, but the building will remain, protected as part of the Historic Register.